Eco-Dharma Conference 2014
|August 7, 2014||to||August 11, 2014|
Join us in the foothills of the White Mountains of New Hampshire for a unique event featuring prominent Buddhist teachers, scholars, and environmental activists discussing in depth the intersection of Buddhist practice and stewardship of the earth. Conference participants will also be invited into this discussion.
The conference will address questions such as:
- What practices can help us deal with the pain that arises in relationship to ecological devastation?
- What is the nature of our ecological crisis?
- What do activists have to offer Buddhists for engaging in existing activist causes?
- What does Buddhism have to offer activist communities?
- How can we integrate eco-dharma into our communities?
The long weekend will include panel discussions, breakout groups, nature walks, meditation practice, and time to informally get to know one another. This is a precious opportunity to connect with key teachers and activists in North America who have make this topic a priority in their communities. Held at Wonderwell Mountain Refuge, Springfield, NH. Accommodations and meals provided.
Featured guests: David Loy, PhD, Zen teacher and author of The Great Awakening: A Buddhist Social Theory; Ven. Bikkhu Bodhi, translator and author of The Connected Discourses of the Buddha; Colin Beavan, activist and author of No Impact Man; Rev. angel Kyodo williams; Kritee, PhD; Lama Willa Miller; David Stember; Rev. Danny Fisher; Patrick Groneman; Archarya Adam Lobel; Lou Leonard; and Kristin Barker. Click on the links for full program details and a video about the conference.