If you’re following the Shambhala Sun on Facebook, you know that we share interesting stories from around the web there all week long. But not everyone’s on Facebook, so here’s what we posted in the past week.
- A Tibetan man self-immolated Friday morning; the news follows the recent death of a monk who was tortured by Chinese police, the detention of several other monks, and a ban on foreign visitors entering Tibet
- A state of emergency has been declared in Burma’s Rakhine state after violent clashes between Buddhists and Muslims
- NPR reports on how mindfulness is growing in popularity among non-Buddhists
- Michael Imperioli made an appearance on HBO’s show Girls; check out this profile of him by the Shambhala Sun‘s Andrea Miller
- In the New York Times, our friend and contributor Diane Ackerman wonders if we’re living in sensory overload or sensory poverty